Thursday, August 28, 2008

School "FASHION" and PR review

I am almost positive this post will become an ongoing thing because everyday I see items that are attempting to be passed off as "clothes" and "fashion" and well they're not, and never will be.

Is getting dressed in the morning THAT BIG OF A DEAL? No it's not. It takes just as much time to throw on a pair of jeans and t-shirt as it does sloppy sweatpants and a grungy oversize t-shirt. I have been getting up early for school for years along with the rest of the world. And hey, if you don't have time to fuss over which shirt goes with which jeans, DO IT THE NIGHT BEFORE.

These do not count as getting dressed, EVER.

Nor do these.

To be continued....

So Project Runway last night?

I am surprised to say Leanne is stepping her game up seriously. I liked her garment best last night. It was definitely chic and she's really toned herself down while still staying true to her own style.


A close second favorite was Korto. While I found the garment slightly baggy (but not enough to seriously bother me) the seatbelt weaving was done exceptionally. I know she didn't have a choice on the color of the seatbelt but it ended up working to her advantage, the light tan looked great on her model.


So onto my least favorites, or just people who aren't really stepping up to the occasion.

Kenley
. In the first few episodes I was really into what she had to bring to the table. She varied slightly and while she still kept to her aesthetic it wasn't boring or completely expected. Well, this week was BORING. I realize her model did quit on her but that still doesn't help the fact that it was boring. The fact that the garment didn't really fit her new model at first didn't change the original design at all. Yeah she did make her own zebra print but it has that obvious vintage-y silhouette and well yawwwn.


Onto Keith. Is anyone surprised he is gone? I'm actually surprised he didn't go sooner. The construction of this was just terrible. The back was probably one of the biggest problems for me and even if the model hadn't sat down and torn the skirt the back of the top still would have been disgusting and hookerish with that netting. I considered feeling sorry for the fact that he felt insulted by their comments this week and last but it's the fashion industry and well not everyone is going to like everything you make. And I don't remember the exact wording of his parting words but he probably would have been better off sticking to his weird little fabric piece things than this. Going home for something not your style at all is probably extremely frustrating and dissapointing, so I guess that would be my slight bit of sympathy for him.


No comments: