Thursday, August 21, 2008

Magazine Subscriptions, PROJECT FUNWAY, stuff....

I don't know if it's only myself that has this problem but I have a hard time getting rid of old magazines. At one point in time I think I had 5 larger milk crates full of old magazines in my closet, sitting around, collecting dust. I don't know what it is about keeping them around, like I feel as though I am going to need to reference them later on down the line? I've tried to make a habit of ripping out the useful pages and categorizing them in a folder but then I just have tons of random folders full of clippings. I don't know I am going to have to figure something out.

Well, something good finally came from my uncontrollable spending habits, YAY! A free subscriptions to Elle. Yay for World Points from Bank of America. Andddd....... American Express is sending me a free airline companion ticket as well, SOOOO Florida here we come! I'm thinking fall break or maybe if we decide we want to go to Vegas we could use it there as well.


Onto Project Runway:

Am I the only person happy to see Daniel go? I'm sorry but he just REALLY annoyed me. I don't know if the guy just surrounds himself with ass kissers all day every day but seriously the guy could not take criticism AT ALL. His dress was not drag queen in any way, shape or form. He could have gone so many ways with Anita Greenkard and he just BORED it up. And last week, well he can't be held responsible for that mess but he still could have spoken up about it or called her out, it wouldn't be the first time that's ever happened on the show. And two weeks for the Olympics challenge, EWWW that cheap ass shiny flight attendant cocktail waitress Halloween costume monstrosity! I have no idea what point of view he was coming from there, way to not follow the challenge. Not to mention his model just irked me.

Week 1:
Okay, the cup idea was innovative. He was one of the only people not to use some kind of "fabric" like material. I'll give him that much. The dress was still kind of ill fitting IMO.
Week 2:
Like we haven't seen this before. Empire waist babydoll LBD. Yaaawwnn.Week 3:
Don't hate it, Don't LOVE it.

Week 4:
Ugh! Don't even get me started. Shiny fabric? Pretty much PURPLE. Flight attendant cocktail waitress Halloween costume gone awry.

Week 5:
I don't really think he can be held completely responsible for this fug disaster. I really don't know what was going on when they picked Kelli or Kelly to be on the show. From her audition video you can clearly see that she has that "Zipperhead/Hot Topic" Punky aesthetic since her ENTIRE store looks to be full of that kind of clothing. Eh, to each their own I guess. Personally this thing looks like it came from the Deb or (SL)Eazy Pickings.
Week 6:
And last but not least.
OHHHH WELLL!!!! BYE BYE DANIEL!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I am the exact same way with magazines. I have started limiting myself to only keeping certain mags (like Vogue) or ones with covers/features that I am obsessed with! Pleeease lets go shopping soon!