Saturday, September 6, 2008

Taupe is the New Black.

I've only recently gotten over my decision not to buy the Chanel Robertson Blvd. Rodeo Drive nail colour. I just can't bring myself to spend over $30 on one shade, $20 for Chanel is not a huge deal at all, but $30 for a tiny thing of nail colour! I was fine spending the $25 when I thought I could just get it from Neiman's or Saks or something but when I saw that it was only going to be available online from Chanel.com +$7.00 to get it to my house or in the store, which was not happening any day of the week, I died a little inside.


So I bought the next best thing OPI. Wide brush, long lasting, and reasonably priced at around $8.00.

OPI
"Do you Lilac it?"

So, I never got into the Black Satin, Black Noir Chanel colors. Reminded me too much of 7th grade Wet and Wild nail polish and it just didn't sit right with me. Recently my boyfriend's Mom came to visit from Florida and she had on this darkish grey color for her pedicure. I was instantly sold. Not quite black, not light grey, more of a warm grey or taupe color. OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques" was what I found and quite possibly the color her manicurist/pedicurist Connie used considering Connie has colors before I even know they exist like the Chanel Azur I got a pedicure with last spring and the color I hunted EVERYWHERE for when I got home.

OPI
"You Don't Know Jacques"

So I'm calling it now, and if no one picks up, I have an awesome new color all to myself!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I have the Chanel one and while I love it, I really do like OPI polishes a lot better because of the brush. But I am with you on the darkish grey polish!